TEP Centre is Nigeria’s pioneer education partnership organisation, specialising in research, design, implementation, support and evaluation of education programmes, projects and initiatives across the public, private and non-profit sectors. We seek to fill the role of a Learning Academy Consultant.
As an integral part of the TEPLA team this role is responsible for formulating multi-level (unit, division and organization) L&D strategies/plans and delivering high quality end-to-end (design, development, implementation and evaluation) solutions for the assigned portfolio that promote blended learning, meet stakeholder requirements, support business objectives and cultivate a high-performing workforce.
Job Title: Learning Academy Consultant
Reports to: TEPLA
Job Title: Programme Director
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The LEI be responsible for:
- Leading the development of the organisation’s Education Investments workstream which includes corporate social responsibility and philanthropy, business investments in education and impact investment
- Conceptualising and developing evidence-based strategies for corporate and social investment in education
- Curating a pipeline of partners and clients and programme managing a community of knowledge and practice focused on investment in education
- Leading the development of general and targeted products for the community of practice in actively nurturing community-to-client conversion
- Providing direction for and overseeing the workstream’s communications including the establishment of a web presence and parameters for regular communication with partners and clients
- Planning and managing regular meetings, workshops and conferences for extant and potential members of the community of practice, and other members of the education investment ecosystem
- Actively pursuing potential client relationships and coordinating the successful execution and evaluation of all CSR projects
- Serving as an organisational liaison for projects, initiatives and relationships focused on education CSR and other investments in education at local and international levels such as the Private Sector Advisory Group (PSAG) and UN Global Compact (UNGC) respectively
- Researching the market for corporate social responsibility, philanthropy and other investments, identifying various profitable business opportunities, and assisting organisations to strategically design and/or invest in education programmes
- Providing targeted advisory and implementation support for all Education Investment programming
- Providing thought leadership on education investment through including op-eds, blog posts, podcasts articles in peer-reviewed journals and media appearances
- Designing and implementing a performance-based management system to agree, articulate and track the workstream’s progress organisation’s Project Manager
- Collaborating with the Consultancy Unit to establish business links between innovation in education and investment in education
Technical and Behavioural competencies
- Working knowledge of change management and project management methodologies and principals
- Experience in corporate social responsibility (CSR), philanthropy, business investments in education and impact investment roles
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Strong thought leadership experience on education investment
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously both independently and with working groups
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent consultative, communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of corporation staff.
- Excellent organizational skills combined with initiative, patience, enthusiasm, sound judgment, research and decision-making competence.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Post-secondary education from a recognised university in a field such as Education, Research, Development, Social Work or any other relevant field (possession of a PhD is desirable)
- 3 + years of Programme Management experience in areas such as fundraising, education programmes and interventions, research and policy advocacy
- Experience in working in the international development sector is desirable
- Experience in working on development and/or donor/grant-funded programmes will be an added advantage
- Multilingual speaker desirable
- Based in Lagos and willing to travel nationally and internationally
- Hybrid work mode: we work 3 days remotely and 2 days on site
- Health coverage: medical insurance for staff and dependents (spouse and up to 4 children)
- Training opportunities: we encourage personal development and provide learning platforms to help team members grow
- Team events: we cultivate team building through social events and happy hours
To apply, candidates should send a copy of their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter, “LEI1 – Lead Education Investments to email@example.com. Any email without this subject may not be treated. Only successful applicants will be contacted.