TEP Centre is Nigeria’s pioneer education partnership organisation, specialising in research, design, implementation, support and evaluation of education programmes, projects and initiatives across the public, private and non-profit sectors. We seek to fill the role of a Learning Academy Consultant.
As an integral part of the TEPLA team this role is responsible for formulating multi-level (unit, division and organization) L&D strategies/plans and delivering high quality end-to-end (design, development, implementation and evaluation) solutions for the assigned portfolio that promote blended learning, meet stakeholder requirements, support business objectives and cultivate a high-performing workforce.
Job Title: Learning Academy Consultant
Reports to: TEPLA
Job Title: Programme Director
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The LAC be responsible for:
- Serve as the Learning and Development subject matter expert and key point of contact for the assigned portfolio (business units or online learning)
- Assume project management responsibilities for both internal and external clients/customers, related to instructor led or eLearning training program design, development, and deliverables
- Lead the design of needs assessments, the development of processes, and the evaluation of program effectiveness
- Create data management approaches to assist in the continuous improvement of training products and services
- Test, problem-solve, update, and maintain traditional, and blended learning solutions and work with Technical Support staff (internal and external) to troubleshoot technology and software issues
- Design, procure, and coordinate appropriate learning & development initiatives based on identified needs, and manage relationships with internal subject-matter experts and external agencies as needed to ensure the delivery of appropriate learning & development experiences
- Provide end-to-end learning and organizational development consultancy services and is responsible for successful delivery of assigned projects (instructor led, virtual instructor led, or eLearning)
- Collaborate/engage closely with L&OD team, business units and organizational subject matter experts to understand learning needs of target audience, define success measures and design, develop/implement solutions that effectively address business needs
- Produce high-quality learning programs (traditional or eLearning) and relevant educational materials with graphic/design principles, as appropriate for the work output, that interface with internal learning management system and promote blended solutions
- Design and update instructor led, virtual instructor led, or eLearning programs using unique combinations of cutting edge interactive media, state-of-the-practice techniques, electronic tools and systems
- Communicate, describe and present solution proposals to stakeholders and business units for approval and monitor programme budgets and compliance
Technical and Behavioural competencies
- Working knowledge of change management and project management methodologies and principals
- Experience using eLearning application/development tools and software to develop eLearning programs
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Strong consultancy, stakeholder engagement and end-to-end learning life cycle execution experience
- Strong facilitation skills (in person and virtual) related to delivering learning and organizational development initiatives
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously both independently and with working groups
- Knowledge of human behaviour and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent consultative, communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of corporation staff.
- Excellent organizational skills combined with initiative, patience, enthusiasm, sound judgment, research and decision making competence.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to simplify complex ideas and to adjust to the needs of the learners.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business Administration or completion of a related undergraduate degree with specialization in Adult Education or Training.
- 3 + years instructional/curriculum design and development experience with a focus on blended learning for instructor led, virtual instructor led, and eLearning programs
- Multilingual speaker desirable
- Based in Lagos and willing to travel nationally and internationally
To apply, candidates should send a copy of their Curriculum Vitae and covering letter, “LAC1 – Learning Academy Consultant to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any email without this subject may not be treated. Only successful applicants will be contacted.